Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Gireum Dormitory

When I arrived in Canada I was not 100%  sure if my baggage would be sent to Seoul or if  I had to pick it up at baggage claim at the airport. So I went through the Canadian customs and talked to the man in United Airline who assured me that my bags were going to Korea. From there I had to go back through airport security, which I only had 30 minutes to get to my gate, which was extremely far from the security check point. By the time I made it to my gate, people were starting to board onto the plane. 

After a long, stressful 12 hours, I arrived at Icheon Airport in the evening and made it through customs quickly. I was excited when I saw my luggage waiting for me! It made everything 10 times better. From there I got onto the bus and headed up to Kookmin University which took about an hour and a half....or maybe more. There was a lot of traffic so it could have been longer. I was jet lagged so nothing made a lot of sense. Hahaha.  Once we arrive on campus we had to carry our luggage down about 4 or 5 flights of staircases!! I had two bags and it was difficult going down with them. However my roommate and I had to catch a cab to our dorm which is 10 minutes away  from Kookmin University, without traffic. Once there we got our room.
           (Image Left) This is the bunk beds, which is were we sleep!
 (Image Above) This is the study area. You are not allowed to move furniture. The cabinet is where you keep your clothes. One side is my roommate's and the other side is mine. (Image to the right) That is the entrance to our room. There is small drop, which is where we leave our shoes before coming into the room. Next to the door is the bathroom where we shower.  

(Image on the left) The toilet is in its own room across from the shower room. You have to buy your own paper, so if you are plan to go to Kookmin, buy toilet paper. ;P A toilet scrubber and plunger are already there.





(Image on the right) That is the shower room. There is no door, however when you shower the glass is frosted. You can barely make out someone's silhouette.Only a tile scrubber is given to clean the bathroom.




   

2 comments:

  1. Hi I wanted to know about the washroom I mean does the bathroom has a sink as well or is it only in the shower I mean after using bathroom do we have to get out to wash our hands ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I wanted to know about the washroom I mean does the bathroom has a sink as well or is it only in the shower I mean after using bathroom do we have to get out to wash our hands ?

    ReplyDelete